SDEC is one of the leading equipment distributors and custom industrial equipment solution provider. SDEC has a dynamic portfolio of products which is determined by the needs of our customers. SDEC culture is characterized by high customer orientation with a long-term view of relationships.
SDEC is inviting applications from candidates who have experience working with Diesel Engines and assembly of industrial equipment. Given the high degree of customer orientation, candidates who apply must be willing to understand the specific requirements of each customer as communicated directly through the Supervisor and indirectly through the in-house design engineers. Each genset that SDEC sells is customized keeping in mind the specific requirements of the customer.
Principal responsibilities for this job are as below:
- Complete responsibility for preventive and corrective maintenance of diesel engines
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electronic faults with engines
- Thoroughly understand catalogues and manuals
- Check the materials before utilizing in production process, report any defective parts to Supervisor
- Suggest changes to Supervisor with a view to improving process and/or product
- Be precise and accurate but try to be fast and avoid unnecessary interruptions
- Maintain toolbox and report any shortages of tools or consumables to Supervisor
- Complete tasks within budgeted hours
- Ensure personal safety and that of colleagues, report any safety issue to the Supervisor and HSE.
What we are looking for:
- Certified Diesel Mechanic with experience overhauling and troubleshooting faults on electronically controlled engines
- Experience on high-speed 4 stroke Diesel engines from MTU, MHI, Cummins, CAT
- Candidates with experience of at least 4 years in industrial applications like Oil & Gas and Marine
- Read mechanical and electronic engineering drawings
- Average proficiency in technical English
- Practical understanding of the health & safety guidelines.